Courmayeur and La Thuile
- Featured in: Alpine Heliskiing
There are many opportunities for heliskiing in and around the Val d'Aosta and Courmayeur and La Thuile are no exception. Depending on the weather and snow conditions each has its own merit and the altitude of the drop off point varies from between 2500m and 4200m.
The map below shows the some of the main drop off points around the area. There are over 25 different routes that can be taken from these points depending on the snow conditions and the weather.
With a multiday ski pass from Courmayeur you are able at no extra cost to benefit from the lifts and ski area of La Thuile and other resorts in the Val d'Aosta.
- Heliskiing is very weather dependant, both for flying conditions on which the pilot has the final say and on snow conditions particularly on the glaciers.
- Bad visibility and high winds will prevent the helicopter flying and setting down.
- Lack of snow and the development of snow bridges on the crevasses will dictate whether it is safe to ski, the guide will have the final say.
- Make sure you make a reservation!
- For clients wishing to Heliski if conditions are good during their trip it is very important to reserve your heli-lifts with Zuba Ski well in advance. If the conditions are good and you have not reserved a place, you will probably not be able to reserve a place the day before or the same day you wish to fly!!!
- If you reserve a place well a head of time, you get a flight if conditions are good. If conditions are not good and the helicopter cannot fly, it does not cost you any money.
- Please contact the knowledgeable Zuba Ski team to discuss you heliski requirements