- Featured in: Alpine Heliskiing
This is one of the best one day tours the Monte Rosa region has to offer. It gives you great off piste skiing, long descents and the full scenic experience of both sides of the Monterosa massif. It is an unforgettable experience in one of the most breathtaking glaciers of the alps. We ski around seracs and under some of Europe's highest peaks.
This one day itinerary entails a heli drop onto Col del Lys at 4,260m, descent via skiing the Grenz glacier to Zermatt. Upon arrival in Zermatt you take Klein Matterhorn lift to Breithorn pass,after a short walk, another ski descent from the ridge on the boarder down to Champoluc, then to Gressoney and back to Alagna. It can be done with normal skis and boots, it is not imperative that you have touring skis and boots.
The total vertical is 7500m!!
- Heliskiing is very weather dependant, both for flying conditions on which the pilot has the final say and on snow conditions particularly on the glaciers.
- Bad visibility and high winds will prevent the helicopter flying and setting down.
- Lack of snow and the development of snow bridges on the crevasses will dictate whether it is safe to ski, the guide will have the final say.
- Make sure you make a reservation!
- For clients wishing to Heliski if conditions are good during their trip it is very important to reserve your heli-lifts with Zuba Ski well in advance. If the conditions are good and you have not reserved a place, you will probably not be able to reserve a place the day before or the same day you wish to fly!!!
- If you reserve a place well a head of time, you get a flight if conditions are good. If conditions are not good and the helicopter cannot fly, it does not cost you any money.
- Please contact the knowledgeable Zuba Ski team to discuss you heliski requirements