Dates and Prices
- Featured in: Arctic Boat Skiing
Normally we run trips from end February through to the beginning of May. Throughout this period the declination and activities of the sun are continually changing giving one the opportunity to witness and experience the Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights though to the Midnight Sun.
Throughout Arctic Norway there are periods of the year when the sun never rises above the horizon and periods when the sun never goes below the horizon.
Duration: Bespoke trips can be designed. It is advised to allow for a 6/7day trip leaving from Tromso and Bodø, but shorter trips can be arranged in Lyngen thanks to direct flights from the UK.
Timing: Departures from 27th February every Saturday through until the 30th April 2016
Pricing: Is per person based on groups of between 4-10 people sharing a boat plus the skipper and UIAGM Mountain Guide(s). You should envisage a cost of about £2200 per person. It may be less than this but will ultimately depend on the number of people in your group.
Please contact us for further details. Prices vary depending on the size of the group and the choice of yacht required.
The overall package will include:
- Your accommodation - this is based on the boat on full board basis
- 1 skipper and 1 UIAGM Mountain Guide
- Skiing and touring with professional mountain guide
- Transfer to and from either airport to the starting harbour
What is not included?
- Flights or transport to Tromso or Bodø - Clients are responsible for their own travel arrangements to and from Tromso/Bodø.
Visit www.norwegian.no for direct flights to Tromso or via Oslo to Bodø
- Ski Equipment – skis / boots/ skins / avalanche transceiver / probes / snow shovels etc
Visit www.braemarmountainsports.com for rental equipment - speak to Peter and mention Zuba Ski for a good deal!
- Any alcohol consumed on board ship
All clients are responsible for taking out their own insurance and must have insurance that covers glacial skiing in northern Europe. The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) are one source for such insurance.
For any other details please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we can talk you through the complete trip in detail.