Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings are made with Zuba Ski (the Company”) a division of Zuba Ltd. Whose contact address is 3 Kings Acre, Kings Somborne, Stockbridge, Hampshire SO20 6QA. Zuba Ltd. is a Private Limited Company registered in England under number 6299537 and trading as Zuba Ski. The registered office is 92 Park Street, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 3NY. All mention of “the Company” Zuba Ski make reference to Zuba Ltd.
2. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with the Company shall be subject to, and governed by, English Law.
3. Please read these booking conditions to understand the nature of the contract you are signing up to when booking a holiday with Zuba Ski. The person who’s signature appears on the Booking Confirmation Form is responsible for ensuring that these booking conditions are drawn to the attention of every person on behalf of whom he/she has made a booking.
4. Having confirmed your holiday requirements, you will be sent a Booking Confirmation Form. Complete and sign the Booking Confirmation Form and return it with a 30% deposit of the booking value or minimum of £250.00 (which is non refundable). Upon receipt of your Booking Confirmation Form and deposit we will process your booking, and forward your Confirmation Invoice. Payment for any outstanding balance, indicated on the Confirmation Invoice, must be received no later than 8 weeks (56 days) before departure. If booking is made less than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to departure payment is required in full at the time of booking.
5. If full payment is not received by the Company by the final payment date indicated on the Confirmation Invoice the Company reserves the right to cancel your booking and your deposit (and any other monies paid) will be forfeited. It is strongly recommended that you have suitable cancellation insurance coverage.
6. No booking shall be confirmed until we issue a written Confirmation Invoice. If we cannot accept the booking, any money paid will be promptly refunded. Bookings are made with the individual named on the Booking Confirmation Form. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving reasons for such refusal and shall in that event return any deposit received to the individual named on the Booking Confirmation Form.
7. Zuba Ski prefers to receive payment by cheque, although bank transfers can be arranged. Payments can be made via credit card via a PayPal facility on the Zuba Ski website www.zubaski.com. For payment via credit card, a surcharge of 2% will be applied.
8. It is the responsibility of the person who signs the Booking Confirmation Form to ensure that all passports, visas, insurance policies and all other legally required documentation are in order before departure.
9. Only items specified and paid for in full on the Confirmation Invoice are included in the price of the holiday. Any items other than the exact items outlined and paid for in full on the Confirmation Invoice are not included. These may include but not be limited to:
a) Personal travel insurance, equipment hire or purchase, bar bills, laundry, telephone, charges for excess baggage and optional tips,
b) Charges for extra nights in accommodation in addition to those specified on the Confirmation Invoice or alternative activities with their associated travel & uplift,
c) Charges for any extra meals or accommodation terms other than those specified on the Confirmation Invoice,
d) The cost of flights or other transportation costs, with the exception of airport transfer if included on the Confirmation Invoice.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHERE, AS PART OF YOUR HOLIDAY WITH US, YOU UNDERTAKE ACTIVITIES WITH ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MOUNTAIN GUIDES, SKI INSTRUCTORS OR OTHER ADVENTURE OPERATORS), YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO AGREE AND BE BOUND BY ANY RULES, RESTRICTIONS, TERMS AND/OR LEGAL DISCLAIMERS REQUIRED BY THAT OPERATOR.
10. Should you wish to cancel, you must inform Zuba Ski in writing (e-mails and telephone calls are not acceptable), and cancellation will be effective from the date of receipt by the company. All deposits are forfeited upon cancellation. In all cases, upon cancellation the following scale of charges applies:
a) More than 8 weeks (56 days) prior to departure - incurs a loss of deposit.
b) Between 4 weeks (28 days) and 8 weeks (56 days) prior to departure - incurs charge of 50% of total monies owed.
c) Less than 4 weeks (28 days) prior to departure - incurs charge of 100% of total monies owed.
11. Should you wish to change the dates of the booking, for whatever reason, Zuba Ski may offer alternatives based on what is available at the time, this may or may not be based on the same type and value. An administration fee of £30, plus any further costs incurred, will be charged if you wish to make changes to your travel arrangements. Any changes in dates requested within 8 weeks (56 days) of the start of the originally booked holiday will be treated as cancellations. Refunds in whole or in part for any holiday are at the discretion of Zuba Ski, and can only be authorised by the Company Directors of Zuba Ltd. No discussion will be entered into on this point.
12. The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 (The Regulations”):
a) The Regulations impose various legal requirements on us in relation to packages. Any travel arrangement you book with us in the UK before your departure we will accept as being a package.These conditions are designed to reflect the Regulations.
b) The Regulations particularly impose constraints on the extent to which we can change or cancel your package and impose consequences for any change or cancellation by us. They also require us to accept certain liabilities should something go wrong with your package. In the conditions dealing with changes or cancellations by us and with our liability should something go wrong with your package, we only detail those areas where we are given discretion by the regulations. You must accordingly read these conditions in conjunction with the Regulations, a copy of which can be obtained from any branch of the Stationary Office.
c) Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for through the tour manager or oversees representatives while you are on holiday are NOT packages and are not governed by the Regulations. Therefore unless you suffer personal injury or death caused by our negligence we do not accept any liability for any loss or damage you may suffer from any excursion. Any arrangements while you are actually on holiday and which are not made through us are those for which we do not have any responsibility or liability.
13. If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements from us if available or cancelling your booked holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In all cases of non-perfomance by us, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay reasonable compensation to you under English Law.
14. The client is liable for any damage accidental or otherwise they may cause to any accommodation or equipment, this liability will also apply to missing items, breakages or where excessive cleaning is required.
15. If any item of equipment owned / operated by Zuba Ski or its Partners or member of staff (e.g. Guides, Reps, etc), is lost or damaged in any way due to the negligence or willful default of the client (e.g. dropped ice screw or crampon spiked rope), the client is responsible for replacing the item on a new for old basis.
16. Due to the nature of activity holidays, and your possible accommodation (e.g. mountain huts), you should accept full responsibility for any wear, accidental damage, or loss, which occurs to any of your property. No liability is accepted by Zuba Ski or its Partners for your belongings, which should be fully insured and cared for whilst traveling or on holiday or while partaking in any activity.
17. Skiing, climbing, mountaineering, outdoor pursuits and adventure holidays are dangerous and hazardous activities, with the potential of injury and fatal accidents, which clients must accept at their own risk (signified by signing the declaration on the Booking Confirmation Form). Our liability in all cases, other than where exclusion or limitation of liability is not permitted under English or international law, will be limited to a maximum of 2 times the amount shown on the Confirmation Invoice.
18. The Company accepts responsibility for death, injury or illness caused by the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees or agents, our suppliers and sub-contractors, whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment in the provision of your travel arrangements. We will accordingly pay to you such damages as might have been awarded in such circumstances under English Law. Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
19. You are obliged to assist us in recovering from any third party any sum which may compensate us for any sums we pay you. In particular, you are obliged to assign to us any rights that you may have against any other person whose acts or omissions have caused or contributed to our legal liability to pay you compensation. You must also provide us with all assistance we may reasonably require in this regard.
20. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that they are adequately covered by insurance. You are advised to have insurance that covers you for all the activities to be undertaken, including adequate insurance for skiing, mountaineering, climbing, white water rafting including helicopter rescue and medical repatriation.
21. The Company will not be liable for the consequence of acts beyond its reasonable control such as but not limited to strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences.
22. The Company has made every effort to ensure the correctness and accuracy of the information and descriptions contained on our website. Any directions, distances and timescales are indicative only and proper navigation and route planning should be conducted at all times. All clients are responsible for their own route finding and route planning. It is a mountain environment so many accommodation will will be located on roads with inclines. Due to weather conditions in the mountains; Roads and walk ways may become wet, slippery, snowy or icey during certain periods of the year. Care should be taken. We recommend the use of Qualified Mountain Guides and the wearing of helmets during all mountain activities.
23. Accommodation and local services are of an authentic and traditional nature and standards found throughout the region may differ from standards found within your own country.
24. If you have a complaint about any aspect of your holiday, you must inform the in resort provider immediately at the time of your stay. If they do not put things right and your enjoyment of your stay is affected you must let Zuba Ski know as soon as possible, but in any case within 48 hours of the problem becoming apparent, or we cannot be responsible or held liable for the problem. You can contact us using this form. We need your name, where you can be contacted and full details of the problem. If, having returned to the UK or your home country, you wish to take the matter further, you must write to Zuba Ski with full details of the complaint within 28 days of last date of the holiday booked. We will not be responsible for complaints made after this time or if you have not followed the above procedure. We endeavour to respond to all complaints within 5 working days.
25. Zuba Ski is committed to protecting your privacy. The Company will only use the information that it collects about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about our clients for two reasons: firstly, to process your booking and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We will pass on your details as appropriate to Hotel owners and our other partners within teh resorts. We will not email you in future unless you have given us your consent. We will not pass your email address to any other company outside of Zuba Limited and its subsidiary companies. If you have any questions / comments about privacy you can contact us using this form.
26. On advancement of deposit for a booking the deposit acknowledges that the client has read and understands the above booking conditions and agrees to be bound by them.